Title: Strategy and Corporate Finance / Director
Reports to: Chief Financial and Strategy Officer
The Strategy and Corporate Finance Director role will be responsible for the formulation and execution of the company’s growth strategy with a focus on the company’s strategy and development activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support highly visible strategic, global corporate development and corporate transactions and/or capital market projects (including opportunity sourcing, evaluation, and execution). Provide insights and advice based on strategic analysis and financial models.
- Provide and deliver strategic data analysis, insights and presentations to senior leadership
- Assist in the formulation of corporate strategies relating to the company’s structural and operational optimization, financing, capital planning, partnership transactions and other major corporate initiatives
- Research and analyze industry trend, market landscape, and business models to evaluate potential corporate development opportunities and monitor existing strategic initiatives
- Work closely with Chief Financial and Strategy Officer to support other corporate strategy initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or above (advanced degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related field is preferred)
- 5+ years’ work experience in biotech/pharma-related consulting, investment banking, strategy, or other relevant areas
- Adequate financial modelling and forecast expertise for financial analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of biotech and pharma industry and the sources of financial and other risks inherent
- Established network of contacts in biotech/pharma companies, VC community, and key academic institutions in China
- Candidates with proven strong people skills to lead cross-functional projects are preferred
- Excellent communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Problem Solving --Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Reasons when dealing with emotional issues.
- Interpersonal Skills- -Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Communication-- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Leadership-- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Ethics-- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking-- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment-- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Initiative-- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation-- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.